Aiyenero School of Excellence (ASE) believes mentorship is not about cloning but rather the focus must be on developing the mentee.
The mentor is a facilitator who creates a safe, open environment in which the mentee can both learn and try things for themselves. Building trust and understanding are major part of the role with the mentor.
ASE Mentorship Provides:
- Guidance information and expand coaching knowledge.
- A fresh perspective, mentors see where we need to improve and where we often cannot.
- Support to stimulate our personal and professional growth.
- Encouragement and positive advice to foster motivation.
- Experience you can learn from to prevent repeating the same mistakes.
- Mentors are free which makes them priceless – in different many ways.
Why Does Soccer Need Mentorship?
- To improve the quality of coaches
- To increase the number of licensed coaches
- To improve the retention rates of players and coaches
- To improve the professionalism of coaching in our community